Prelude Records' search engine, accessible on most pages of the site,
uses a tailor-made advanced search technology.
There are 2 main methods of searching.
Either enter keywords into one of the quick-search boxes and click search.
Or click on any of the shortcut Browse listings shown in the page margins.
If your search turns up more than one title or artist under the same or a similar name,
you'll get a list of possible results from which to choose.
Results can be sorted by Composer, Title, Label, Catalogue Number or Relevance.
Results can be refined further by entering keywords into the Filter box.
- You don't need to spell out the entire name, however if you enter too little
you may find the results are too general.
- Use the '?' and '*' characters as wildcards or blanks. '?' matches any
single character and '*' matches any sequence of characters.
- Use the advanced search page for more accurate
- If no matches are found, try fewer letters or an alternate spelling.
The staff at Prelude Records is dedicated to tracking down that elusive
tune you just can't get out of your head.
- Visit our Contacts page or send an email to
- Give us as much information as you have about the tune, album or artist
you're trying to find (where or when you heard it, the style of music,
whether you heard it on an advert, etc.), and we'll investigate it for you.
This service is free, and using our years of experience in classical music, we
will endeavour to find what you are after - if we possibly can.